Saturday, October 1, 2016

Time to Sparkle!

Greetings Inky Friends!!


A new month is upon us yet again and we are diving head first into the Holiday Spirit on this month's Blog Hop! Make sure to hit them all beginning HERE to see all the glorious ideas!!
And if you are already hopping along, then you just came
from the Miss Talented Judy Jackson!

And make CERTAIN you check out the Technique Junkies October NEW RELEASES where you'll save 15% OFF
those stamps if you order by October 10th!!

Now on to my cards...

I chose to use the Christmas Ornaments Trio
for both of my shares.
I simply heat embossed all images with Black Embossing Powder onto some brushed silver card stock and
mounted that onto a black card base.
I was once told that a Christmas card couldn't be made using black! I think by using silver, some bling and a little ribbon,
it can!  What do you think??


For my next card, in addition to the Ornament set, I used the Calm & Bright background for the snowflake frame. I inked that up using Archival ink onto white card stock and mounted that on the same brushed silver card stock from above. I also used silver embossing powder this time for the ornament and colored it some using Distress Markers and edged it with the Archival. I created a background for my ornament piece using some phrasing from the set. I had the little glittered chipboard snowflake laying around and added that as well!


I hope you enjoyed these cards! Now hop on over to the one and only Pat Huntoon to check out her wonderful goodness!!

Until next time...
Happy Creating!
~Tonya xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Love the ornament stamp set-it is going on my wish list! I think the silver and black look very dramatic. All cards are super!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful. My favorite is the first card that was done in black and white. Fabulous.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Tonya, indeed black goes beautifully. Love heat embossing so I can imagine how beautiful they are in real life.

    ReplyDelete