Thursday, September 1, 2016

Spooktacular September!


Greetings Inky Friends!!

Or should I say FIENDS since we're 'celebrating' Halloween? ;)


It's September 1st already and that means another Blog Hop and wonderful
NEW RELEASE from Technique Junkies!! And don't forget, order your September New Releases by the 8th and receive 15% OFF!!

If you are already hopping along, you came from the Miss Talented Judy Jackson!

Now for my shares...
I first cut 2 panels of watercolor paper and sprayed them with a few Art Anthology Colorations sprays. I wasn't totally digging the results so while the paper was still wet, I dripped some Minx inks onto the paper and spread/blended it out with my fingers and misting with more water as needed to achieve the look I wanted.
Disclaimer: I didn't REALLY KNOW what look I was going after! LOL

I loved the look of both as it turned out.
One reminded me of a spooky fall night sky and the other,
a weird sunset glow begging for a Spooky House!

On the first card, I heat embossed the Bats with black embossing powder on top of my shimmery Minx sky. I then used some silver Pan Pastels to create the silver moon glow. I really wanted to add some kind of phrase/wording/title like "Bats about you" but I owned NOTHING of the sort and I thought about printing something like that from the computer but then was worried about covering up too much of that glorious shimmer! I mounted it on a silver shimmer card base too. It really is gorgeous IRL!



Next, I simply stamped the Spooky House with black ink on the other panel and then stamped just the bat in the corner on anther piece of paper, trimmed him out and popped him up. 
I masked off the rest of the words, leaving only the Scary behind, wrapped some black twine and popped it off that. I then used some Journey Glaze to add dimension and shine to the bat and word. Thanks to the Minx, the sky has some shimmer in the sky as well!


Well I hope you enjoyed the cards I shared and find some inspiration in them! 
Next up on the hop, TJ's fearless leader and owner, Pat Huntoon!  Enjoy!

Until next time...
Happy Creating!
~Tonya :) -xoxox-

2 comments: