Thursday, January 14, 2016

I'm back to share the progress of a couple Mixed Media pieces I did for gifts to my pastor and his wife. I had asked them about a year ago what their favorite Bible verses were and I used that as inspiration to create these 8x10 canvases. Hope you enjoy!

I began by adding sheet music (The Messiah) to the canvas with matte medium. I then created a glaze of matte medium mixed with acrylic paint and covered that. The white is gesso I scraped on using an old credit card.

I cut shapes from patterned paper and adhered it down using a gel medium. The gel works better for sticking down heavier paper.

Adding more details and filling in the wording to the verse. 

 I used Fiber Paste to add puffy clouds and smudged the edges with a brown paint to finish it off.
I apparently forgot to take progression photos of the Pastor's piece! Ooops! :)

And here they are side-by-side.  I was pleased with the turn out and I hope they were too!

Check back here on Monday to see my designs for Technique Junkie new releases!!

Until then, Happy Creating!
Tonya :)





2 comments:

  1. Love them Tonya! Glad I found you. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete